The Meeting Place began life in 1867 as the home of Westbourne Free Church when the world was a very different place. From the start it has been a place where all are welcome - from Mr Barham the local Draper who eventually became the first minister to crowds from the Workhouse in the north of the village who were only allowed out on Sundays! In 1908 the name changed to Westbourne Baptist to reflect a new affiliation to the Baptist Union of Great Britain which continues to this day. In 2012 the name changed again to The Meeting Place after a consultation with the village. Today's trustees are eager to uphold a warm welcome to the community and play their part in encouraging the next generation to create, connect, care and celebrate life in all its fullness.